Category: Solutions


I just downloaded the Simple Tagging 1.6 Plugin today and I got errors when I tried to convert the categories to tags on the import tags section. The following will explain the error, and how I fixed it. (I didn’t bother to do a search on this problem so someone else may have already posted a fix for it)
To be safe, I downloaded and installed the WordPress Database Backup Plugin and did a backup of the database before running the import tags function like it suggested.
So, once I got Simple Tagging installed, I clicked on the new “Tags” section then I clicked the tab labeled “Import Tags” and checked the “I’ve backed up my database” checkbox and clicked “Convert Categories to Tags.”
When I did that, it returned the follow error:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘p2c.category_id’ in ‘on clause’]
SELECT cats.cat_name, p2c.post_id FROM wp_posts posts INNER JOIN wp_categories cats ON (p2c.category_id = cats.cat_id) LEFT JOIN wp_post2cat p2c ON (posts.ID = p2c.post_id) WHERE posts.post_status IN (‘publish’) AND posts.post_type <> ‘page’

To fix it, go to your simple-tagging folder (should be in the plugins folder) and look for “simpletagging.admin.php”

 

One of my clients had a power disruption to some mission-critical hardware the other day; things including the entire phone system and internet connection.

I guess the UPS that the telephone system and router are plugged into decided to crap out. The good thing was that it wasn’t during business hours. The bad thing was that the phone system was plugged in to the same UPS, which means that if anyone tried to fax something to the office, and it wouldn’t have gone through. Did I mention they get about 600 important faxes a week?

The weird part about this whole thing was, I didn’t know that anything happened, but, for some reason I decided to go to the office to check on things at about 11:00pm EST (I am using Eastern Time because that is the time-zone that is showing in the screen shot below). After fixing the problem (I just bypassed the UPS until we can get a replacement), I checked the logs from the Line Monitor that I set up at Broadband Reports and it was unreachable from 2007-02-08 22:52:46 EST – 2007-02-09 00:02:55 EST (70 minutes). Here is a screen shot of one of the graphs:

Server uptime graph

If I didn’t happen to come to the office, no one would have found out until someone tried to make a call out, or even worse, realized that there were 100+ faxes that didn’t come through. If I was using the paid monitoring service at the time, I would have received an email telling me that the connection was down. Their line monitoring service is a very useful tool to have in situations like this.